My First Step

I took the first step today towards trying to get healthier. I've gained quite a bit of weight over the years and I can feel how low my energy is and how much of a struggle it is to do simple things. I NEED to regain my strength and energy.

In the past I've enjoyed walking and yoga, so I'm trying to incorporate those into my day again. After preschool drop off today I popped in my Leslie Sansone Walk DVD. I borrowed it from the library a few years ago and it was one of the first workout DVDs I connected with and never felt like it was "too hard" or unattainable. I got my own copy as a Christmas gift last year (after strongly hinting for it) but when the behavior issues with Eli were at their worst in the Spring I stopped taking care of myself at all and it sat unplayed in my DVD player until today.


It felt good to get moving this morning, but I was surprised at how sore I was getting even with the easiest walk. I lost a LOT of strength and endurance this past year that I'm eager to regain.

Talk about one step at a time...literally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

It Takes a Village

Self Care -Masks